- Screen capture doesn't work on mobile devices.
- Screen capture is only supported in Chrome and Edge.
- The audio captured during the screen recording is from your microphone, not your computer audio.
- Screen recordings are played back in standard definition, so it is recommended that text be set to font size 14pt or higher for best legibility. Lower font sizes will not be legible.
- On macOS 10.15+ (Catalina), to share your screen you must grant the browser access to the screen in macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording
- In some cases, using Screen Share in an iFrame will not work. For this reason, it is recommended that the Instructor enables the option to open the GoReact assignment in a new tab.
Sharing your screen
Please follow these steps to share your screen in GoReact.
- Follow the standard steps to Record a Video.
- While on the recording screen, click the screen capture icon.
- Select the screen, application, or browser tab that you want to share and click "Share." (Some common applications you might select are Powerpoint, Zoom, Excel, etc.) By default, your camera will also be shown. If you would like to record just the screen, you can turn the camera off by clicking the camera icon.
Before clicking Record in Step 6, be sure to go into Present mode in whichever application you are using. Once you click Record, you will not be able to switch.
- From here, just record and post your video like normal.
Example of Screen Share
Here's what Screen Share in GoReact would look like in action: