Where are the videos stored?
Unless otherwise specified, they will be stored in our secure Amazon cloud storage. We currently use Amazon’s US East (Northern Virginia) Region, with a Europe region to be available soon.
What are the privacy and security considerations?
GoReact is designed from the ground up as a private video service, giving you control over what is shared. All videos are private by default, and are only available to others based on the instructor/account holder's settings. GoReact also does not share any student's grading with other users—only the student and instructors/reviewers may see that information.
For more on security and compliance, see our Compliance page.
How good is the video and audio quality?
Video on GoReact will by default record to a 360p quality setting (same as YouTube standard). While it will not record higher resolutions due to bandwidth and storage considerations, using an HD-quality webcam will typically result in crisper 360p video than a standard webcam. Audio quality is determined by the quality and placement of the microphone connected to the webcam.
As a general rule of thumb, you can expect GoReact recording results to be similar to whatever quality you can get using Skype from the same computer.
What are the computer requirements for GoReact?
GoReact works great on either Windows or Mac, and runs entirely in your web browser. As a cloud-based service, there’s no software to install. All you need is internet access.
For best results, here's what you should have on your computer:
- OS: Windows 7 and up or Mac OSX (current or most recent previous version).
- Web browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge (current or most recent previous version).
Note: GoReact is not supported on IE 11, Safari 11 or older versions of either browser. Safari must be on version 12.1 or above.
- A webcam that can be detected as a hardware device by the recording computer.
- PC hardware: for best performance, processor and video card should be less than 3 years old, and you should have at least 4GB of RAM.
- Windows RT tablets are unsupported and will generally not work with GoReact.
- Virtual desktop environments are unsupported and will result in poor video quality.
- Please make sure to disable any ad and script blockers (or whitelist www.goreact.com) as these can interfere with GoReact's functionality.
GoReact's video features can be resource-intensive (especially on stimulus and multiple-camera assignments where multiple videos stream simultaneously). Due to the widely varying hardware and (often limited) system resources in Chromebooks, GoReact may not perform well or work at all in some cases. In our testing, more robust, higher-end Chromebooks generally work fine, while less expensive and/or older Chromebooks will struggle. If your GoReact experience on a Chromebook isn't satisfactory, you'll need to use a different device.
Source media requirements note: For recording/playback of videos paired with Source Media, the requirement for a newer computer is more significant since it is processing 2 videos simultaneously. Note that source/response videos are currently not supported on mobile devices. For more information, see our Using Stimulus Media guide.
What are the network requirements for GoReact?
Network/IT Administrators can view the network requirements here.
What are the file requirements for GoReact?
GoReact accepts uploaded files up to 2 GB in size and allows up to 2 hours in a single recording.
GoReact is designed in HTML5 and works on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android. Further optimization for mobile devices will be happening over the coming months.
For best results, here's what you should have on your mobile device:
- iOS or Android operating system (current or most recent previous version)
- A Wi-Fi connection is strongly recommended instead of data for video uploads on mobile devices (they can be big files.)