Slide Sync allows you to add PDF slides to your assignment in GoReact. You can set the timing for each slide transition and rearrange slide order as needed. (See below for how to convert your slides to PDF.)
Please note that Slide Sync is only available for Self-Submit and Live Event activities and the setting must be enabled by your instructor before you can add any slides.
Watch a short video:
Before you start
Before you can add a Slide Deck, you have to save your slides as a PDF file. Here are a few of the most common applications used for creating slides, and instructions on how to save your file as a PDF:
- PowerPoint - To convert your PowerPoint slides to PDF, please see Microsoft's guide here.
- Keynote - To convert your Keynote slides to PDF, please see Apple's guide here.
- Google Slides - To convert your Google Slides to PDF, click File > Download as and select PDF. Then select Save.
Adding a Slide Deck during recording
- Select the activity you're going to submit to and press "Add Video."
- Add your PDF slide deck by clicking the corresponding button and press "Start." Once your PDF has finished processing, click "Record."
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, press "Continue." If your equipment check fails, click "Download Adobe Flash" and allow any prompts for access to your camera and microphone. If the equipment check still doesn't pass, see How to make sure Adobe Flash is updated and enabled.
- Read and accept any instructions provided on-screen, then click "Got It" on the left under Record Slide Timings.
- Press "Begin" at the upper right to start recording.
- Use the arrows to the right and left of your Slide Deck to change to the next or previous slide. You can also navigate using the "Next" and "Previous" thumbnails below the slide. Each time you change the slide, the timing will be saved/updated. You can edit your slide timings at any time.
- When you are finished, click "End" and "Exit" to post your video.
Adding a Slide Deck after recording or uploading
If your video was recorded or uploaded without a Slide Deck and you need to add one,
- Play your video and click the Slide Deck icon on the upper left.
- Then choose your PDF file and press "Got it" under the Slide Timings message.
- Play your video and use the arrows or the "Next" and "Previous" buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
Editing slide timings
To edit your slide deck timings,
- Play your video and click "Edit Slide Timings" above your recording.
- If you need to manually edit the time on a slide, hover over the slide in the list on the right and select the Edit icon.
- While editing your slides you can add a text comment in the text field at the bottom or you can adjust the timing by clicking on the timestamp. After clicking the timestamp, Change the timing with the slider or the +/- buttons.
- When you are finished, click the green checkmark to save your changes.
- When you are happy with your timings, press "Exit" to return to your dashboard.
Removing a Slide Deck
If you need to remove your slide deck, play your video, click "Edit Slide Timings," then click "Delete Slide Deck."