Slide Sync allows you to add PDF slides to your assignment in GoReact. You can set the timing for each slide transition and rearrange slide order as needed. (See below for how to convert your slides to PDF.)
Please note that Slide Sync is only available for Self-Submit and Live Event activities and the setting must be enabled by your instructor prior to adding any slides.
Watch a short video:
Or follow this step-by-step tutorial:
Before you start
Before you can add a Slide Deck, you have to save your slides as a PDF file. Here are a few of the most common applications used for creating slides, and instructions on how to save your file as a PDF:
- PowerPoint - To convert your PowerPoint slides to PDF, please see Microsoft's guide here.
- Keynote - To convert your Keynote slides to PDF, please see Apple's guide here.
- Google Slides - To convert your Google Slides to PDF, click File > Download as and select PDF. Then select Save.
Adding a Slide Deck during recording
- Select the activity you're going to submit to and click "Add Video."
- Add your PDF slide deck by clicking the corresponding button and press "Start." Once your PDF has finished processing, click "Record."
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, press "Continue." If your equipment check fails, click "Download Adobe Flash" and allow any prompts for access to your camera and microphone. If you are still having problems see the Adobe Flash guide.
- On the left-hand side, below "Record Slide Timings," click "Got It!"
- Click "Begin" to start recording.
- As you record, use the right/left arrows or the next/previous buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
- When you are finished, click "End" and "Done" to post your video.
Adding a Slide Deck after recording or uploading
If your video was recorded or uploaded without a Slide Deck and you need to add one,
- Play your video and click the Slide Deck icon on the upper left.
- Choose your PDF file and wait for it to upload.
- While playing your video, use the right/left arrows or the next/previous buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
Editing slide timings
To edit your slide deck timings,
- Play your video and click "Edit Slide Timings" above your recording.
- If you need to manually edit the time on a slide, hover over the slide in the list on the right and select the Edit icon.
- To adjust the slide timing, click the timestamp and use the slider or the +/- buttons to adjust the time.
- When you are finished, click the green checkmark to save your changes.
Removing a Slide Deck
If you need to remove your slide deck, play your video, click "Edit Slide Timings," and click "Delete Slide Deck."