Slide Sync allows a presentation to be added and viewed side-by-side with your video.
Please note that Slide Sync is only available for Self-Submit and Live Event activities and the setting must be enabled by your instructor prior to adding any slides.
Before you start
Before you can add a Slide Deck, you need to save your slides as a PDF file. Here are a few of the most common applications used for creating slides, and instructions on how to save your file as a PDF:
- PowerPoint - To convert your PowerPoint slides to PDF, please see Microsoft's guide here.
- Keynote - To convert your Keynote slides to PDF, please see Apple's guide here.
- Google Slides - To convert your Google Slides to PDF, click File > Download as and select PDF. Then select Save.
Adding a Slide Deck during recording
- Click "Add Video."
- Click "Add PDF Slides" and upload your PDF file.
- Once your slides have finished processing, click "Record."
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, press "Continue." If your equipment check fails, click "Download Adobe Flash" and allow any prompts for access to your camera and microphone. If you are still having problems see the Adobe Flash guide.
- On the left-hand side, below "Record Slide Timings," click "Got It!"
- Click "Begin" to start recording.
- As you record, use the right/left arrows or the next/previous buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
- When you are finished, click "End" and "Done" to post your video.
Adding a Slide Deck after recording or uploading
If your video was recorded or uploaded without a Slide Deck and you need to add one,
- Play your video and click the Slide Deck icon above your video.
- Choose your PDF file and wait for it to upload.
- While playing your video, use the right/left arrows or the next/previous buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
- Click the "Done" button in the bottom right to save your Slide Timings and return to the feedback screen.
Edit Slide Timings
To edit your slide timings,
- Play your video and select "Edit Slide Timings."
- Hover over the applicable slide number and select the Edit icon.
- Click the timestamp and use the slider or the +/- buttons to adjust the time.
- When you are finished, click the green checkmark to save your changes.
Removing a Slide Deck
If you need to remove your slide deck, play your video, select "Edit Slide Timings," and click "Delete Slide Deck."