The ability to "Add PDF Slides" and sync them to your recording is only available for Standard assignments and the "Presenter slides" setting must be enabled by the course owner before this feature is available to you.
If the "Add PDF Slides" button is missing, please reach out to your instructor to have this setting added to your assignment.
GoReact only accepts PDF files for slides, so before you can add slides to your recording, you need to save your slides as a PDF file. Here are a few of the most common applications used to create slides, and instructions on how to save them as a PDF:
- PowerPoint - To convert your PowerPoint slides to PDF, please see Microsoft's guide here: Save PowerPoint presentations as PDF files .
- Keynote - To convert your Keynote slides to PDF, please see Apple's guide here: Convert Keynote presentations to PDF, Microsoft PowerPoint, and more.
- Google Slides - To convert your Google Slides to PDF, click File > Download as and select PDF. Then select Save.
Adding a Slide Deck during recording
- Click "Start Assignment."
- Click the "Add PDF Slides" button and upload your PDF file. If you don't see this option, refer to the "Important Note" at the top of this guide.
- Once your slides have finished processing, click "Continue."
- Then click "Continue to Recorder" at the bottom right.
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, press "Continue." If the equipment check fails, see Enabling your camera and microphone.
- On the left-hand side, below "Record Slide Timings," click "Got It!"
- Click "Record" to start recording.
- As you record, use the right/left arrows or the next/previous buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
- When you are finished recording, click "Finish" and then "Post."
Adding a Slide Deck after recording or uploading
If your video was recorded or uploaded without a Slide Deck and you need to add one,
- On the playback screen click the "Add Slide Deck" icon at the top left above your video.
- Choose your PDF file and wait for it to upload.
- Once the upload completes, play your video and use the right/left arrows or the next/previous buttons to change slides at the appropriate time.
- Click the "Done" button at the bottom right to save your Slide Timings and return to the feedback screen.
Edit Slide Timings
If you need to adjust the timing for any of your slide you can do so. To edit your slide timings,
- Play your video and select "Edit Slide Timings."
- Hover over the applicable slide number on the right. Click the ellipsis and select Edit.
- Click the timestamp and use the slider or the +/- buttons to adjust the time.
- When you are finished, click the green checkmark to save your changes to the timestamp. Then click Save at the bottom.
Removing a Slide Deck
If you need to remove your slide deck, play your video, select "Edit Slide Timings," and click "Delete Slide Deck."
Alternatively, you can click the ellipsis next to your video on the dashboard and select Edit.
Hover over the thumbnail of your slides and click the red X to delete them. Then click Save at the bottom right.