This article is for Students. Click here for the Instructor article.
Critiquing a video
After clicking into a session, the video is shown on the left and the feedback panel is shown on the right.
As soon as you start adding feedback (other than markers), the video will pause automatically. It will start playing again when you hit "Enter" or finish your feedback.
Please follow these steps to provide feedback:
- Enter the playback screen by clicking the video's thumbnail on the dashboard.
- Choose the type of feedback you want to give by selecting it from the Feedback Toolbar at the bottom of the feedback panel. To add a comment, you must click "Add a comment...".
- For more information on each feedback type, please review our Feedback types guide.
- After you finish leaving feedback, click "Back" in the upper left-hand corner to exit the video. Your feedback will be automatically saved.
- Videos created prior to January 2022 do not have read receipts.
- Feedback is considered "viewed" if it is on-screen on the feedback panel when viewing a video. Any feedback below the scroll line will not be marked as viewed until it has been scrolled on-screen.
- The eye icon will not appear until at least one person has viewed that feedback.
To learn how to critique a video, watch a short video or review more in-depth information below.
Be advised, this video will be slightly outdated, but the general message will remain the same.