This section explains how to add the GoReact tool to Moodle. Depending on your specific Moodle site's settings, an Administrator may need to set up the GoReact tool.
In order for grade passback to work in Moodle, your firewall must allow access to the LTI service: /mod/lti/service.php.
On the home page, click “Site Administration” and then click the “Plugins” tab. Under Activity Modules click “Manage Tools.” Then click "configure a tool manually."
- Enter the following information:
- In the "Tool name" field, enter GoReact.
- In the "Tool URL" field, enter
- For the "Consumer key" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique key.
- For the "Shared secret" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique key.
- For "Tool configuration usage" select "Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool"
- Change the "Default launch container" to "New window." GoReact may be unable to access the camera and microphone if this is not checked.
- Under "Services" set the drop-downs to the following:
- Under "Privacy" set all three drop-down menus to "Always."
Once you click Save Changes, the tool will be installed. Please see How to Add GoReact assignments to Moodle to learn how to create assignments.
In order to increase security and improve the GoReact experience, we have recently made the following changes:
- If you have the old Launch URL in the GoReact tool that contains "https://goreact.com..." it must be updated in your platform. (If you have the new URL that contains "https://lti.goreact..." then you are good to go and no changes are needed there.)
- For all existing LMS users, the old key and secret with goreact and your email address will need to be updated. Please work with our support team to provide a new, unique key and secret.
- For new users setting up GoReact in your LMS for the first time, follow the steps in this guide.
Please note that your Moodle administrator will need to reach out to our support team here to make these adjustments. In the coming months, existing assignments will become inaccessible in some cases until these changes are made. As soon as we've determined the date that this will be required by we'll add it here, but we recommend making these changes as soon as possible.
If you want to make GoReact assignments easier to identify in Moodle, you can edit the External tool configuration, and add this link in the "Icon URL" field: https://help.goreact.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360076494372/goreact.png