This document explains how to add the GoReact tool to the Brightspace platform. The Brightspace Administrator will need to do the initial installation after which instructors (or the Admin) will be able to create GoReact assignments.
You will need to contact GoReact Support in order to receive the unique Key and Secret used when setting up GoReact in Brightspace.
- Log into Brightspace as an admin, select "External Learning Tools (LTI)" from the main menu.
- Click "Manage Tool Providers."
- Click "New Tool Provider."
- In the "Launch Point URL" field, enter https://lti.goreact.com
- Leave the Version as "Inherit Global (1.1)."
- Leave the OAuth Signature Method as "HMAC-SHA256."
- For the "Secret" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique key, then enter it here.
- Check the box for "Use custom tool consumer information instead of default."
- For the "Key" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique key, then enter it here.
- In the "Name" field, enter the specific name of your school/Organization.
- In the "Description" field, enter "GoReact Integration with Brightspace" or any description you prefer.
- In the "Contact Email" field, enter your email address.
- Check the box for "Allow users to use this tool provider."
- Under "Security Settings," select all checkboxes.
- Click "Add Org Units" and select courses as appropriate, then click "Save & Close."
Once you have the tool added, you can start creating GoReact assignments in Brightspace. To learn how to do this, please see How to add a GoReact assignment to Brightspace.
In order to increase security and improve the GoReact experience, we have recently made the following changes:
- If you have the old Launch URL in the GoReact tool that contains "https://goreact.com..." it must be updated in your platform. (If you have the new URL that contains "https://lti.goreact..." then you are good to go and no changes are needed there.)
- For all existing LMS users, the old key and secret with goreact and your email address will need to be updated. Please work with our support team to provide a new, unique key and secret.
- For new users setting up GoReact in your LMS for the first time, follow the steps in this guide.
Please note that your D2L administrator will need to reach out to our support team here to make these adjustments. In the coming months, existing assignments will become inaccessible in some cases until these changes are made. As soon as we've determined the date that this will be required by we'll add it here, but we recommend making these changes as soon as possible.