The GoReact app must be installed by your Canvas administrator before you can add it to your assignments. See our Administrator setup of GoReact in Canvas for more information.
Here's a quick video if you'd like to see the assignment creation process in action.
- In Canvas, create an Assignment.
- Enter an Assignment Name, Points, and any other desired settings.
- Change the "Submission Type" to "External Tool."
- In the "Enter or find an External Tool URL" field, click "Find." Select GoReact and then click "Select."
- Check the box for "Load This Tool In A New Tab."
For the best overall experience, we highly recommend loading the GoReact tool in a new tab.
- Finish the assignment setup, then choose "Save" or "Save and Publish."
- Open your new assignment in Canvas by clicking the button to load assignment in a new window:
- Select the GoReact assignment type you wish to use for this assignment (or copy a previously created assignment).
- Select the additional assignment settings as needed. When you're finished, click "Done."
- Once your assignment settings are saved, you should see the GoReact dashboard. Seeing the dashboard lets you know you've successfully completed the setup process and the assignment is now ready for your students.
For more on GoReact assignments see the Assignments section of our help center.