Video recording checklist
To get the best quality from your GoReact recording, check these items before recording:
- Camera quality - See What cameras work with GoReact? for more information.
- Internet connection - Make sure you have a 0.5Mbps (500K) or better upload speed by checking at www.speedtest.net. We strongly recommend a wired connection on the recording computer. (Use a USB extension or longer network cable if needed to optimally position your camera.)
- Test your video and audio - Make sure that your camera is recognized and you can see yourself on the recording screen. Then, while on the recording screen, speak from the location where you'll be presenting and check the audio bars at the lower left to make sure you're getting sufficient sound. Adjust the volume slider up/down to capture the right level. You want the meter to register in the green for best results. If you have more than one camera or microphone, you can also check the inputs at the top of the recording screen to make sure the correct devices are selected.
- Browser readiness - GoReact requires that your browser is up to date within one version of the current version. Run a quick update to make sure your browser is current and check that Adobe Flash is enabled. If your video and/or audio are not working, make sure to step through our Adobe Flash guide to ensure your settings are correct.
- Computer readiness - To maximize your computer’s recording resources:
- Close other browser windows/tabs and all other open applications, especially any that use your camera. (Only one application can access your camera and microphone at a time.)
- Minimize connected USB devices.
- Plug in battery-powered devices (“Power Save” modes can reduce performance).
- Recording environment - For best practices on how to set up your recording environment see: Recording Tips. Please note that GoReact is not supported in a virtual desktop environment.