This article is for Students. Click here for the Instructor article.
Posting to a Stimulus Activity
When your teacher assigns a Stimulus activity it means you will be watching or listening to a stimulus prompt and recording alongside it. Here's how to submit a video on a Stimulus activity.
- Select the Stimulus activity on the left and click "Add Video."
- Add a title and press "Record." (While you can upload a video to a stimulus activity, it is generally not recommended as it will not be synced to the stimulus.)
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, press "Continue." If your equipment check fails, press "Download Adobe Flash" and allow any prompts for access to your camera and microphone. If you are still having problems see How to make sure Adobe Flash is updated and enabled.
- When the recording screen loads, it will have the Stimulus Media on the left, with the normal Record window on the right for your response. Review the stimulus media if you would like, set it back to the beginning when you are done, and then press "Begin" on the upper right.
- While you are recording you can pause, play, and scrub the stimulus media on the left using the provided toolbar.
- Once you are finished, click the "End" button at the upper right. From here you can "Resume" your recording or press "Done" to post your video to the dashboard.
In some instances, your teacher may allow you to choose your own stimulus. In these situations, after clicking "Add Video" you'll see an extra "Add Media" button on the title screen. Click this button to record, upload, or link your stimulus from YouTube.
Participants should use headphones when recording a Stimulus Media response (unless the Stimulus Media has no audio). This will prevent viewers from hearing the Stimulus echo in the background of the Response recording.