This article is for Students. Click here for the Instructor article.
When this setting is enabled, the following rules are enforced:
- If this setting is selected by the course owner, then you will only be given one attempt. If you need multiple, you will need to reach out to your instructor directly for a retake.
- Videos can only be recorded, not uploaded. The "Upload" option is completely disabled.
- A time limit may be set by the course owner. At the end of the time limit, the recording will automatically be ended and submitted.
- As a presenter, you cannot delete your submission. If your submission needs to be deleted, you will need to reach out to the course owner.
- You will not have access to any instructions or stimulus media prior to recording.
- If you end your recording for any reason, it will automatically submit.
- To protect the integrity of a "test", you cannot download your video after it's submitted.
Recording a Single Recording Attempt (test) Video
- Prior to recording, check your equipment by following our Video recording checklist guide.
- Click "Start Assignment."
- Enter an optional title and click "Continue."
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, click "Continue." If the equipment check fails, see Enabling your camera and microphone.
- Click "Start Single Attempt" to record your video.
After clicking the "Start Single Attempt" button, if you exit the recording screen without recording your video, then you will receive an incomplete submission. If your test submission is incomplete, you will need to contact the course owner to request a retake.