This article is for Students. Click here for the Instructor article.
The Test option can be enabled on any activity. When enabled, you'll see a darkened timer icon at the top right.
- One attempt. One submission.
- A time limit may be set by your instructor. At the end of the time limit, the recording will be automatically submitted.
- You cannot delete your submission, although your instructor can.
- You will not have access to any activity resources or stimulus media before you begin recording.
- If you end your recording for any reason, your video will be automatically submitted.
To post to a test activity, follow these steps:
- Check your equipment. If your course has previous non-test activities, record a short video in one of them to make sure flash is enabled and that your camera and microphone are working. (You can delete this video later.)
- Prepare your recording environment. Check your connection speed and signal strength. (See the Video Recording Checklist for more details on connection requirements.)
- Click "Add Video."
- Enter an optional title and click "Record."
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, click "Continue." If your equipment check fails, click "Download Adobe Flash" and allow any prompts for access to your camera and microphone. If you are still having problems see the Adobe Flash guide.
- Click "Start Test" to record your video.
After clicking the "Start Test" button, if you exit the recording screen without recording your video, then you will receive an incomplete submission. If your test submission is incomplete, you will need to contact your instructor to request a retake.