What are Markers?
Markers are customizable, color-coded labels that make giving feedback faster and easier. If you find yourself giving the same comments over and over, you may want to consider enabling Markers. Now you can give the same feedback with the click of a button.
How do I create a Marker set?
You can create a Marker set from the assignment settings panel when creating or editing an assignment, or from within the Library. In the assignment settings, click the "+Marker Set" button. Or, in the Library, select the Markers tab on the left and click the "+Markers" button. Then select the collection these markers will belong to. (See the gif below for an animated version of the following steps.)
- Add a title for your marker set.
- For each marker, you can leave the color as is or you can choose the color by clicking the color icon.
- Type a name for your marker (up to 30 characters), and then press the Tab key move to the next field.
- The marker abbreviation will automatically be the first two characters of the first word in your marker name. If you would like to change that, set your own two character abbreviation. Press the Tab key to move to the next field.
- If you would like, you can enter a preset or "canned" message for any of your markers. If you find yourself always saying the same thing for a given marker, you can add that comment here and it will be added to your feedback automatically whenever you use that marker on a video.
- Press the Enter key or click the + icon to create your marker and move to the next one.
- You can add a description for this marker set at the bottom, if desired.
- If you'd like to rearrange the order of your markers, simply click and drag the handle on the left of each one to drop it into a new position.
- When you've completed this marker set, click "Save."