This article is for Instructors. Click here for the student article.
Choose this activity type for activities that will include LIVE feedback to be given during a presentation/recording. Any reviewers (including peers, if enabled) may simultaneously give real-time feedback on live recordings.
What makes Live Event activities different from Self-Submit activities is:
- Feedback can be given during the presentation as well as after-the-fact.
- Instructors are given the option to create "Awaiting Start" placeholders to get things ready for the live event by clicking the "Create Videos" button.
Clicking the "Create Videos" button will only create placeholder sessions for those students who are currently enrolled in your course. Please wait to click this button until all of your students have enrolled in the course. (If you have already pressed this button, you can reset it by deleting all of the placeholder sessions, or you can just create new placeholders individually.)
Once a Live Event recording has begun, participants can join the Live Stream to give feedback by clicking the "Join" button.
When joining a Live Event, the video is hidden by default for anyone in the same classroom. This is done so reviewers will focus on the actual presenter and not the on-screen video, which will have a slight delay. If you are watching a Live Event remotely, you can toggle the video on and off by clicking "Live Stream" in the video player controls.
Recording Live Event videos
- Select the Live Event activity on the left side of the dashboard and click "Add Video."
- Add an optional title and click "Record."
- OR if the Awaiting Start placeholder has already been created, click "Start."
- If you see the Equipment Check and it passes, click "Continue." If your equipment check fails, click "Download Adobe Flash" and allow any prompts for access to your camera and microphone. If you are still having problems see the Adobe Flash guide.
- Once you are on the recording screen, click "Record."
- When you are finished recording, click "Stop."
- Click "Done" to post the video and return to the dashboard.