This article is for Instructors. Click here for the student article.
Single attempt assignments
Single attempt assignments limit video submissions to one attempt per student. Videos are automatically submitted when a student is done recording.
To enable this option, just check "Single recording attempt (test)" in the assignment settings:
Please note the following rules:
- Students can only record videos, not upload.
- Students cannot pause their recordings.
- Stimulus media and any recording instructions (if applicable) cannot be previewed from the dashboard. These will become available when the student begins the attempt.
- If a time limit is entered, the recording will end automatically when the time limit is reached. Students will be prompted with countdown warnings as they approach the time limit.
- Students are allowed only one attempt and one submission.
- Students cannot delete their submission, only the instructor can.
If a student runs into technical difficulties, or needs to submit again, allowing a retake is to your (the instructor) discretion. In some cases, you will see the "Allow Retake" button. If that isn't visible, just click the ellipses icon, and "delete" the session to allow a retake.
Note, our interface has changed a bit since this was created, but the contents of the video are still applicable and can be helpful.