This article is for Instructors. Click here for the student article.
Test assignments limit video submissions to only one attempt per student. Videos are automatically submitted when a student is done recording.
To enable this option,
- Select your assignment, click the ellipses ⋮ at the top right, and click "Edit Assignment."
- Check the box next to "Single recording attempt (test)."
- Optionally, check the box next to "Time limit" and enter a time limit.
Test assignment rules
If the Test option is enabled on an assignment, it enforces the following rules:
- Students cannot pause their recording.
- Stimulus media and any recording instructions (if applicable) cannot be previewed from the dashboard. These will become available when the student begins the test.
- If a time limit is entered, the recording will end automatically when the time limit is reached. Students will be prompted with countdown warnings as they approach the time limit.
- Students are allowed only one attempt and one submission.
- Students cannot delete their test submission, only the instructor can.
If a student runs into technical difficulties during their recording and they end up with a blank submission, these will show as a black thumbnail on the dashboard.
If this happens, simply click "Allow Retake" to delete their first attempt and allow them to try again.