This article is for Instructors. Click here for the student article.
Single attempt assignments
Single attempt assignments limit video submissions to only one attempt per student. Videos are automatically submitted when a student is done recording.
To enable this option,
- Select your assignment, click the ellipses ⋮ at the top right, and click "Edit Assignment."
- Check the box next to "Single recording attempt (test)."
- Optionally, check the box next to "Time limit" and enter a time limit.
Single attempt assignment rules
If this option is enabled on an assignment, it enforces the following rules:
- Students can only record videos, not upload.
- Students cannot pause their recordings.
- Stimulus media and any recording instructions (if applicable) cannot be previewed from the dashboard. These will become available when the student begins the attempt.
- If a time limit is entered, the recording will end automatically when the time limit is reached. Students will be prompted with countdown warnings as they approach the time limit.
- Students are allowed only one attempt and one submission.
- Students cannot delete their submission, only the instructor can.
If a student runs into technical difficulties during their recording and they end up with a blank submission, these will show as a black thumbnail on the dashboard.
If this happens, simply click "Allow Retake" to delete their first attempt and allow them to try again.