Getting started guide for Instructors
Getting started with GoReact takes 10 minutes or less. If you are using the GoReact tool in your LMS (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.) you will need to go back to the Instructor support page and click the corresponding LMS icon for specific instructions for your LMS. If you're using GoReact directly on goreact.com, this is the right place to start!
Create an account
- From the GoReact.com homepage, click the red "Sign Up" button at the top right.
- Under "I'm an Instructor," click the "Go" button.
- Fill out the form with your account information and click "Submit."
- Fill out the next form with your school/organization information and click "Submit."
- Your account has been created and you can now create your first course!
(Here's a quick video if you'd like to see the account creation process in action.)
Create a course
- At the top-left hand side of the dashboard click your course name (“Demo Course” for first-time users).
- At the bottom of that drop-down menu click “Create Course”.
- Enter a course name, set the start and end dates, then click the red "Create Course" button.
- Your course has been created and you can now create your first activity! Please note that you must create at least one activity before you students can submit any videos.
Create an Activity
- Click the blue "Create Activity" button in the middle of the dashboard. (After you have created one or more activities, this button is found at the bottom of the activity list on the left.)
- Enter a name for the activity and choose an activity type.
- Choose any optional settings (Availability/Due Dates, Points Possible, Test). Then click the red "Create Activity" button.
- In the next window, you can choose additional recording or feedback settings (all optional). Then click the red "Close" button.
- Your first activity has been created. Students can now enroll in your course and begin submitting their videos!