GoReact is both LTI 1.1 & LTI 1.3 compliant for Blackboard. This guide will overview how to integrate GoReact in Blackboard via LTI 1.3.
WARNING: Deleting the GoReact tool installation will cause existing assignment links to break. We do not recommend deleting the GoReact tool if there are assignments you are currently using, or would like to revisit.
These steps should be consistent between Blackboard Ultra view, and Blackboard Learn (Original).
Setting up LTI 1.3 for your organization should be intentional, and should not be taken lightly since there are issues with switching back and forth. Please be sure if you're following these steps that you are a Blackboard administrator with permission for your organization to make these changes.
Before starting your installation of LTI 1.3, if you are an existing GoReact customer, please confirm that you are in compliance with our LTI 1.1 setup instructions including but not limited to
- Making sure GoReact is installed at the organization level.
- Using the proper launch URL: https://lti.goreact.com/lti/v1 (or, .eu for our friends in the EU).
- Using the proper unique key/secret.
If you're unsure if you're in compliance there, please reach out to our support team for assistance here: GoReact Support
For our friends located in the EU
Please make sure if you are located in the EU that you use .eu as your extension, and not .com.
Only 1 app installation should be installed per organization, and you should not delete your GoReact installations unless otherwise directed by the GoReact support team.
To create/access any course/assignment created in Blackboard, please log in through Blackboard. You will never need to go to goreact.com to access a Blackboard course/assignment.
Installing GoReact LTI 1.3 to Blackboard
Note, your view in Blackboard may be slightly different, but the same steps should apply. Be advised, if you're unable to install external tools, then you likely do not have the proper admin role/permissions in Blackboard. Please seek out your Blackboard administrator to get those adjusted, or have them follow this guide for you.
- Click into your admin tab, and from the "Administrator Tools" page select "LTI Tool Providers" under Integrations.
- You should be on the LTI Tool Providers page, and from here you'll click "Register LTI 1.3 / Advantage Tool".
- From there, you will be asked to enter the Client ID. To obtain this, please contact GoReact Support, and we will provide that to you as well as some information to make sure your GoReact LTI 1.3 installation is successful: GoReact Support.
- Once you contact GoReact Support and enter your Client ID, and approve the Blackboard prompt to migrate existing LTI 1.1 assignments. click "Submit". Then, you will see all of the LTI 1.3 settings appear. There's nothing you need to do with those, so just click "Submit".
If you're an existing GoReact LTI 1.1 user, you may see a prompt here that says "You are about to migrate this tool from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3. Do you want to continue?". If you select "Yes", then there is no going back, so please be intentional during this step.
- Before moving on, make sure that "Allow grade service access", and "Allow Membership Service Access" are checked "yes".
- You're done with this section, and the tool is added. Please move on to "Manage Placements" below to finish setting up GoReact LTI 1.3.
Be advised, this may not be required if you already had an existing, properly installed, GoReact LTI 1.1 integration.
- With your newly installed GoReact tool, locate it in the LTI Tool Providers list, and click the arrow icon to the right, and select "Manage Placements"
- From there, click "Create Placement". If there's already an existing placement, you can edit that and ensure the proper settings are selected below.
- In the Placement Information field, make sure the following information is entered:
Label: GoReact 1.3
Handle: GoReact 1.3
Type: Check "Course content tool", and select "Allows grading"
Launch in New Window: Check that setting "on"
Target Link URI: https://lti.goreact.com/lti/v1p3/target-link
- Click "Submit".
- You're done! Now you can now start Creating GoReact assignments in Blackboard Learn (Original) or Creating GoReact assignments in Blackboard Ultra
Now your LTI 1.1 assignments will now launch LTI 1.3 payloads. If you experiencing issues, please contact GoReact Support
You will likely see an error message when you first create a GoReact LTI 1.3 assignment. This is intentional!
LTI 1.3 is built with security and verification in mind, so when you first launch GoReact you may see an error page asking you to reach out to our support team to verify your account. Please complete this step, and then you will start to see GoReact like normal.