Instructors can now add Closed Caption (CC) and Audio Description (AD) files to stimulus media.
This can be accessed from the Activity Settings for any stimulus-based activity.
NOTE: You can not add caption files over YouTube videos. If the YouTube video has captions they will be imported.
- When creating or editing an activity, add your stimulus media first. Then hover over your media and click the Edit button.
- Click Add and browse to your CC or AD file, then upload it.
- Once the file has finished processing, it will be available to preview and can be toggled on or off during playback.
- You can check your files while still in the Edit view by hovering over your stimulus and clicking the corresponding CC or AD buttons in the player controls.
- Click Done when you are finished and then Close to exit the activity settings.
When previewing a stimulus from the activity header, during a recording, or during playback, you can toggle the CC and AD files on or off. The corresponding button will appear in the player controls for whichever file type has been added to the stimulus (CC, AD, or both).
You can use VTT or SRT files for your Closed Caption files. Standard audio formats like MP3 and M4A are acceptable for your Audio Description files.
To learn how to create your own Closed Caption files, this guide may be helpful.