Installing the GoReact Tool
Please follow these instructions to get the GoReact tool installed on Blackboard Learn 2012 (or see our instructions for Blackboard Learn 2016).
- Click the "System Admin" tab.
- Select "Building Blocks."
- Select "LTI Tool Providers."
- Click "Register Provider Domain."
Provider Domain Status
- In the "Provider Domain" field, enter lti.goreact.com
- For "Default Configuration," select "Set globally."
- For the "Tool Provider Key" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique key.
- For the "Tool Provider Secret" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique secret.
- For "Send User Data," select "Send user data only over SSL."
- For "User Fields to Send," select all three checkboxes.
- Click "Submit."
- On the LTI Tool Providers page, hover over the line for lti.goreact.com. Click the caret and choose "Manage Placements."
- On the next page, click "Create Placement."
- In the "Label" field, enter GoReact.
- In the "Handle" field, enter GoReact.
- For "Content Type," select "Tools" and check "placement allows grading."
- Check the box for "Launch in New Window." GoReact may be unable to access the camera and microphone if this is not checked.
Tool Provider Information
- In the "Tool Provider URL" field, enter https://lti.goreact.com/lti/v1
- For the "Tool Provider Key" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique key. (This should be prefilled).
- For the "Tool Provider Secret" you must contact GoReact Support to get your unique secret. (This should be prefilled).
- Click "Submit."
The tool is now installed! If you have not already allowed grades from provider tools to be sent to Grade Center, please see Admin setup for posting grades in Grade Center.
Otherwise, you are ready to set up your first GoReact assignment in Blackboard. To do this, please see How to set up a GoReact assignment in Blackboard.
In order to increase security and improve the GoReact experience, we have recently made the following changes:
- If you have the old Launch URL in the GoReact tool that contains "https://goreact.com..." it must be updated in your platform. (If you have the new URL that contains "https://lti.goreact..." then you are good to go and no changes are needed there.)
- For all existing LMS users, the old key and secret with goreact and your email address will need to be updated. Please work with our support team to provide a new, unique key and secret.
- For new users setting up GoReact in your LMS for the first time, follow the steps in this guide.
Please note that your Blackboard administrator will need to reach out to our support team here to make these adjustments. In the coming months, existing assignments will become inaccessible in some cases until these changes are made. As soon as we've determined the date that this will be required by we'll add it here, but we recommend making these changes as soon as possible.
If you want to make GoReact assignments easier to identify in Blackboard, upload the following image to the placement in Blackboard.